As we shared with you in our previous blog, here at Eclipse, we take pride in being Colorado’s best, first-class natural wellness cannabis dispensary. Our standards remain equally high when it comes to our collection of solventless concentrates. Let’s dive in.
There are endless options nowadays for cannabis products – edibles, flower, infused drinks, vapes, the list truly goes on. But what about solventless concentrates? In this blog, we’ll be covering all the amazing benefits and invaluable information about this potent form of cannabis.
Solventless concentrates are quickly gaining popularity among cannabis enthusiasts, and for good reason. These types of concentrates offer a number of benefits that make them a superior choice.
What are ‘Solventless’ Cannabis Concentrates?
When you walk into our dispensary in Boulder, you’ll see there is an array of products to choose from. While looking through the options of concentrates, it can feel overwhelming to understand the differences between them all.
First, let’s get clear of what is and what isn’t considered ‘solvent’.
Simply put, solvent-based extraction is the process of utilizing chemical solvents (such as carbon dioxide or butane) to extract the active ingredients from the plant.
Therefore, ‘solventless’ means the extraction is done without these chemical solvents. Using a mechanical extraction method, the concentrates maintain their high purity and potency.
- Dry Sifting – a manual form of extraction that uses fine mesh screens, with each screen filtering the trichomes when gently sifted.
- Ice Water Extraction – the use of water, ice, a large bucket, and mesh screen bags to filter trichomes.
- Microwave-Assisted Extraction (MAE) – the use of heat with microwaves to heat the moisture in cannabis biomass.
- Rosin Pressing – the use of heat and pressure from a rosin press to compress dried plant matter and produce a sticky and viscous rosin concentrate.
- Ultrasonic-Assisted Extraction (UAE) – the use of water and sound waves to rupture cell walls and release the cannabinoids and terpenes in a short run time.
Benefits of Solventless Concentrates
There are numerous benefits to solventless concentrates. Let’s discuss:
- Solventless concentrates have a superior flavor and aroma. Because they are made using mechanical extraction methods, they retain much more of the natural terpenes, flavonoids, and potency found in the cannabis plant.
- They are environmentally friendly. The solventless approach says ‘no’ to chemicals, and Mother Earth is loving that.
- They are safer. With chemicals sometimes comes risk. Since solventless takes a more organic approach, it lessens those risks, making consumption safer.
- They have a higher purity and potency.
- A true entourage effect is available with this concentrate. Because the integrity is kept intact during the extraction process, these concentrates are jam-packed with cannabinoids. As a result, the user experiences an amplified impact of all cannabinoids since their effects change in the presence of another.
Eclipse Cannabis Co. – Offering Colorado’s Largest Selection of Solventless Concentrates
Since we offer the largest selection of solventless concentrates in the state here at Eclipse, it’s our priority that the concentrates we stock on our shelves are carefully selected to ensure that we offer only the very best.
We are eager and excited to share our incredible and diverse options to our valued community members right here in Boulder, Colorado. Our loyal customers can expect us to provide them with the most effective options, carefully chosen by our team.
We’d love to see you! Stop by our recreational cannabis dispensary in Boulder, Colorado to see our collection of solventless concentrates and all other cannabis products. Be sure to keep up-to-date on our Blog for all the latest news and happenings here at Eclipse.